At North View Academy, we believe that
- Pupils need to attend school every day so that they can take full adavantage of the educational opportunities available.
- Poor attendance rates and persistent lateness undermines the educational process and leads to educational disadvantage.
- Children who attend school every day make better progress and have better life chances.
Parents / Carers are responsible for ensuring that their child:
- Attends school every day
- Arrives at school on time, in uniform and in a condition to learn.
- Are absent only for reasons that can be authorised (please see attendace policy)
- Inform the school of the reason for any absence and the likely return date , before 9:30am on the first day of absence. By note, personal contact or telephone call.
- Inform the school office or class teacher prior to a medical and/or dental appointment, a copy of the appointment letter will need to be seen. If possible please always try to arrange these for out of school hours.
North View Academy Attendance Policy