North View Academy Values & Ethos
North View Academy is a specialist primary provision for children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. In September 2015 North View Academy became an ASD designation..
At North View Academy children come first and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning, whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences for our children. This approach means that every effort is made to promote a positive school environment in which belief is instilled in children that they can achieve.
At North View Academy we will strive to:-
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment that is conducive to all children having the opportunity to reach their full potential;
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school. To use this as a foundation for improving standards;
- Value the achievements of all children, both in and out of school and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self-image;
- Provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise;
- Ensure that issues of equal opportunities are considered in all our work;
- Provide a curriculum based on the National Curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated;
- Offer all children equal access to the curriculum and school life, where individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted;
- Encourage children to become good citizens, by developing caring attitudes and respect towards themselves, other children, adults, their school and their community;
- Recognise that children are constantly developing and ensure that the curriculum offered to them is appropriate to that development;
- Encourage each individual to take responsibility for his/her behaviour and to act as a good role model to others.